Friday, March 05, 2004

I Feel A Blog Coming On...

I've been given more ammunition in my "Derek Is The Favorite" campaign. My mom was recently informed by the company she works for that because her sales are so good she has won a trip to Bermuda! She really deserves that trip - she works harder than anyone I've ever known. The way they broke the news to her was they sent her a swim mask in the mail saying "CONGRATULATIONS!" So she e-mailed my brother & I and kept it short and simple: "Hi. I got a swim mask in the mail today. Love, Mom."

I read it and thought, What the hell? So I started to IM Derek to ask him if he understood the message. Before I sent the message, I realized what she meant. My brother had not understood and thought Mom had finally lost it!

A couple of nights later we were all at Mom's, talking about her trip. Derek admitted to her that he thought she had just gone plain crazy. Mom said she thought it had been a cute way to let us know that she had won and then looks at me and in front of everyone says, "I'm surprised YOU got it & not Derek."

Argh! I looked at her and she got flustered. "That's not what I meant, that's not what I meant!" I just told her "I feel a Blog comin' on" and I got The Look. (The Look is another story all in it's own.)

Yeah, this is short but I told Mom I'd post this and let everyone know that Derek is still the favorite, even though Dad did say that I was smarter than Derek! Woo-hoo!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?