Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I'm a joker...

Yet again, it's time for another episode of "FUNNY THINGS MY MOM HAS SAID!" {insert applause here}

Last weekend, Mom & I went over to Derek's new house for ice cream, drinks and Euchre. Before any of that started, however, we were all sitting around the living room, talking. I don't know how the subject came up but Mom suddenly says, "I heard a song on the radio today and I think it was dirty!"

"What was it?" We all are curious about this 'dirty' song.

"Well, I've heard it a lot before but never paid attention to it. It was something like, 'I really like...'"

Derek stepped in at this point and started singing Steve Miller's classic 'The Joker' "I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree." Mom was amazed.

"How did you know?"

"It's a good song." And he sang the line again.

"Peaches? OH! I thought he said BEACHES! 'I really love your BEACHES wanna shake your tree and I thought it was bad...you know...beaches...tree..." and then, just like you see on TV, in the movies and read about in books, she lowers her voice to say a word that she's embarrassed by..."bush."

We all rolled. We had to explpain what Steve Miller meant by peaches, etc. Mom will never fail to entertain us.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?