Saturday, May 22, 2004

I've Been Here Before

For as long as I can remember I've not only been enthralled with the idea of reincarnation but truly believed in it. Maybe it's just because I'm a hopeless romantic and like to think that in another life I had everything I ever wanted. I've always wanted to undergo a past life regression to see what I could recall but the logical part of my brain would tell me that I was dredging up memories from a movie I had seen or a book I had read.

However, there are things that are interesting to think about. Why am I completely and totally in love with anything Egyptian? Why does anything connected with Russia during the time of the Romanov tragedy & Rasputin affect me so deeply? Why do I have an irrational fear of bees when I've never been stung? These questions may be easily explained away by a non-believer but I wonder if it's scraps of my past lives intruding into the present one.

A few years ago, I went to the metaphysical fair here in town and had a past life reading done. She read my palm and was pretty accurate in what she came up with. She told me I loved anything to do with music &/or dancing and that in many of my lives I had been a dancer of some sort. The two lives that she specified were my first which took place in ancient Egypt (!!) where I was a palace dancer (I looked palace dancers up in my Dictionary of Ancient Egypt and they danced topless! I was one of the first exotic dancers in history! HA!) and one of the more recent where I was a ballerina. When I was in 4th grade I took ballet lessons and before that I actually bugged my mom to buy me a tutu. This woman had no reason to know those things about me. Apparently, my last life was as a race car driver in Europe. That would explain my love of fast driving and maybe even why I was so terrified of driving when I was younger. Maybe I died in a car accident during a race?

I've had dreams that make me wonder as well. When I was in junior high I had a dream that I was older and married to some really rich guy. We lived in a mansion next to a huge lake. I was having an affair and my husband found out. I came home in a driving rainstorm, wearing a rain slicker-like poncho. He confronted me and strangled me to death, dumping my body in the lake, wrapped in the poncho. The end of the dream took place years later when the body was discovered by the police...the body was in surprisingly good shape and you could see the bruises on her (my) neck. Why would a 7th grader have a dream like that? To this day, the details are still sharp in my mind.

When my brother was little, he was fascinated with the Civil War (the Confederacy in particular) and guns. He knew things about guns that a kid not even in school shouldn't know. He was also enthralled by ships but especially The Titanic. He started drawing pictures of the ship, both sailing and sinking. One day he drew a picture of Captain Edward J Smith. He made him tall with white hair and a full white beard and mustache. I asked him where he had seen the captain and he said he hadn't, he just thought that's how he looked. A few weeks later we found a book at the library on The Titanic and there was a picture of ol' E.J. It was practically identical to what Derek had drawn. I think he was a passenger on the ship in his last life.

It may or may not be true, reincarnation. But if it is true, I hope that my next life is pleasant and full of love & laughter. May yours be also.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?