Thursday, May 06, 2004

Nightmare On Glenarm Road

There are people out there who say they don't remember their dreams...I'm definitely not one of those people. Not only do I remember my dreams, I remember them for years and years and years! It's usually the nightmares that stay with me like the one where I slammed into a brick wall while driving the old Dodge. I used to have nightmares all the time about driving when I was little so when it came time to start learning to drive, I was terrified. I didn't get my license until I was 18!

My first nightmare (at least the first one I remember) ever took place when I lived on Glenarm which meant I was between 3 & 7 years old. Pretty young for a dream like this...stay with me here. It might have been scary to a young kid but it's really kind of funny...

I had walked into my parents' bedroom and was getting into something on the dresser. In a frame on top of the bureau was a picture of Florence Henderson. It was a normal headshot photo. I didn't pay too much attention to the picture until she started talking to me! She was saying mean things and scowling...I was SO scared! I couldn't get her to shut up so I opened the window and threw the photo out. It hit the ground below (I was on the second floor of the apartment) and the frame shattered. Florence Henderson's head was FREE! It sprouted little tiny legs and ran away, still talking smack!

Now, see? If I had that dream today, I'd wake up laughing. Then, however...I was horrified. It was a long long time before I could watch The Brady Bunch without being scared spitless by Carol Brady.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?