Monday, May 17, 2004

When Ya Gotta Go...

I remember a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon that I cut out of the newspaper and taped to my bedroom mirror. It hung there for years. Calvin was in class and he raised his hand and said "I have to go." The last frame is him walking into his kitchen and he tell his surprised mother, "I had to go." So the moral here is: when ya have to go, ya have to go.

So...every morning at 4am, Prescilla & I go walking on our last break from work. We walk two and a half miles around the neighborhood. Most of the time it's peaceful with no cars, maybe a few deer or the occasional fox. Lately, we've been running into the newspaper deliverers. This morning was no exception. They had passed us a couple of times on the street plus we had a flashlight so they knew we were there.

They pulled their car over to the side of the street and both got out. The man leaned against the driver's door, the woman got out and ran onto the sidewalk. We were far enough away that we weren't sure what she was doing but it was obvious that she was crouching or squatting next to some bushes. "Oh, my God," I whispered, "I think she's peeing."

"No, I think it's a little kid," Prescilla answered.

"No, it's a woman and I think she's peeing!" We got a little closer and we saw her stand up and PULL UP HER PANTS then run back into the car. We passed her as she shut the door. And there, on the sidewalk, was a big puddle of pee rolling down the cement. There were bushes, but she chose the sidewalk. There's a 7-11 down the street one way, a Diamond Shamrock the other way but she chose the sidewalk. There's Quail Lake park ten feet away with port-o-lets but SHE CHOSE THE SIDEWALK! I'm sorry but that's just gross.

I got back to work and told Morris about the incident. He suggested maybe she wasn't from here. Where do you have to be from that it's good manners to pee on a sidewalk? When you can see people coming towards you? The mind wobbles.

Prescilla & I also started wondering if the man standing by the driver's side had also been peeing. Then she thought that he was protecting the girl. My thought: "He should have been standing in front of her bare ass if he wanted to protect her!"


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?