Saturday, June 12, 2004

Panic Attack

I'm going to dinner & karaoke tonight. Because of that, I need cash. So, I hopped into my car and toodled off to the bank to use the ATM. It's the ATM that I use all the time because it's at my bank. I've never had a problem with it. Until tonight.

I slid my card in, entered the pin, asked for $50 and waited. And waited. And waited...suddenly I get that little ball of fear in my chest and the longer I wait, the bigger the ball gets. What's wrong with the ATM? Where's my money?

Reason takes over. There's a problem with the machine, just hit cancel and go to another ATM. I hit cancel. Nothing. Oh, my God...CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!! Nothing! No card, no money, the screen is frozen! I can't just leave...what if it unfreezes and my money & my card are out for everyone to see? But it's 4pm on a Saturday afternoon. There's no one at the bank to tell about this who could help me. I left my cell phone at home so I can't call the bank...

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL CANC.....oh. There's my card.
Thank God!

Apparently, there's a problem with the stupid ATM. I almost had a heart attack. I was gripped in the haze of a full-blown panic attack, actually. I usually am pretty calm in situations like these but tonight I had no idea what to do. Sometimes technology is swell but at other times, I just want to hire Monkey to pimp slap whoever invented the whole kit & kaboodle!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?