Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I didn't REALLY post this, but...

Greetings! I feel as if I've been on a court-ordered Blog rest but I'm doing what I can to get back into the swing of things!

SONG OF THE DAY: "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer. On Sunday I played a video game called Karaoke Revolution...you have a microphone and it's kinda like being at karaoke. You sing songs and you're judged by how well you stay on pitch and how the virtual audience responds to you. I sang this song and received a score of 100% GREAT which, according to Game Master Collin, had never been done before so yay me!! :D You can play alone or you can have head-to-head karaoke battles with up to 6 people...Collin & I did a head-to-head battle and he beat me pretty bad! He doesn't believe me when I tell him that he's better than he thinks!!

A while back, Derek mentioned the phrase "scared to death." It reminded me of a time about 12 years ago, maybe more, when Derek & his friend Ryan concocted a plan to scare Mom to death. While she was at work, they built a dummy using Dad's clothes and stuffing them with towels and pillows to resemble a body. They topped it off with a Halloween mask of an old man with long gray hair &beard and put a hat on his head & shoes on his feet. Somehow, they made hands and had him holding either the newspaper or a magazine, I can't recall which. I have to admit it was well constructed...when they set him on the toilet in Mom and Dad's bathroom, he looked amazingly real!

When Mom got home, the three of us followed her down the hall towards the bathroom, snickering the whole way. In retrospect I can't believe she didn't realize something was up! Of course she screamed like a loon when she saw the dummy and almost fell over in her attempt to backpedal away from the sight. I know it was mean but we all laughed for a long time over that one.

It's amazing that Mom survived Derek's childhood intact! Not mine, of course...I'm the sweet one. :)



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?