Thursday, September 16, 2004

I Did It My Way

Since Derek & Collin both told their sides of the poker night story, I figured it was only right that the Champion told hers.

To start with, I wasn't really invited to this poker tournament. Derek had originally wanted it held on a Saturday night that I worked so that Dad (who works the opposite shift as I do) would be able to make it. But I had my schedule all screwed up in my head and told him I wasn't off on the 11th. Turned out I was. How fortuitous!

I started off at Table 1 with Jason, Lorne, Ray & Squatchy. It was obvious that I was the only one that didn't know what the hell was going on. Burn a card? The turn? The river? What did all that mean? I had no clue. I was constantly looking to Squatchy for help. I lost a lot at the beginning but since the blinds weren't that high, I didn't lose much. Suddenly though, I won my first hand and never looked back. Squatchy went all in towards the end of the first round and ended up going against me. I could have folded and let her stay in but I didn't think of it until later. I guess I'm cutthroat by nature & never knew it!

The second round my luck seemed to have cooled. I wasn't winning anything...I folded more than I stayed in. And then just like that, it was down to Jason & I. I took him with a straight. It was so cool! The infidel had won! :) Whee! I got my shirt Tuesday night and wore it with pride the next day!

I can't wait to play again. Hopefully my luck will hold!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?