Monday, October 25, 2004

Holding A Grudge

I've mentioned before that I love horror movies. I love the rush that you get when
your heart starts pounding because something jumps out unexpectedly. Even if I know
it's gonna happen, I still find myself flinching. I've only screamed out loud at a
movie once and that was with The Others at the very end. I've only ever tried to
push my way through the back of my seat in an attempt to get away from the
"creature" once and that was in The Ring when the girl was climbing through the TV.
But I have NEVER been compelled to NOT watch what was happening.

Until this weekend.

I saw The Grudge.

Oh. My. God. It scared me so bad that I spent 3/4 of the movie either with my eyes
closed, my hand splayed in front of my face watching through my fingers or intently
studying the pattern of the word "PRECIOUS" that was stitched on my t-shirt. I have
never been to a movie that scared me so bad! I never wanted a movie to be over that
badly, either. I was simply terrified.

The plot was thin but the terror was so much that you don't notice it. There were
the requisite unexpected jumpy things but on their own they were scary. None of that
"hand that suddenly reaches out and it turns out to be her boyfriend" stuff. Nope.
Seriously scary stuff.

I went to see this with Collin and his 11 year old son Justin. Collin watched the
whole thing, eyes wide open. Justin and I were closing our eyes, looking everywhere
but the screen. Later on we both admitted to each other that we were so scared we
almost started crying!

So, if you're looking for a good scary movie to see this Halloween, go see The
Grudge. But don't say I didn't warn you!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?