Sunday, October 17, 2004

I Love Sleep!

Sleeping is actually one of my favorite things to do. It's relaxing and you
never know what you'll dream about. I've noticed throughout the years,
however, that I am a very deep sleeper at times. I slept through a tornado
once when I was little...apparently the sirens were going off and the storm was
just amazing and I missed it all, peacefully sleeping in my bed.

When I was in 4th grade which would mean Derek was in 1st, he had contracted
pnuemonia. It was a really bad strain and he woke up in the middle of the
night not able to breathe. My parents called 911 and dispatched 3 fire trucks,
the paramedics and a sherrif to our house. This was about 1:30am, I believe.
They all arrived with their lights flashing and their sirens blaring. They
worked on Derek in the living room which was adjacent to my bedroom,
administering oxygen and shouting out orders to others EMT's and reassurances
to my parents and to Derek. Then they popped him on a stretcher and carried
him off to the hospital. He was released a few hours later and came home, sick
with pnuemonia but fine otherwise. Alive, thank God.

And there I was, sleeping through it all! Every bit of it! I never woke up!
It was a shock to me to find out what had happened when I woke up? Derek went
to the hospital? There were fire trucks and ambulances outside? How did I
miss all this???

But I did have a dream where my friend Sandi was showing off her new perm in a
room with flashing red lights. The lights were distracting me. So I wasn't
totally oblivious, I guess. My subconscious knew something was up!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?