Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Monkeying Around At Work

Today's post is dedicated to the poor people like me who have to go through the hell of training someone new. Except for Alexis, the girl who trained me. May she burn in Buddy Trainer Hell for being so mean to me!!

____________________________________

So, why do I always get stuck training people that DO NOT KNOW HOW TO LISTEN??? Is it just me? Is there something about my voice that compels people not to listen to it? And if they DO happen to listen, why do they ARGUE? I've trained 4 people since becoming a buddy trainer and 3 of them have tried to argue with me. I need to start carrying a stun gun and when they argue just blast 'em and let them think about it while they're writhing on the ground.

____________________________________

WHY would a Seattle Seahawks fan, whose team has lost the last three games in a row, attempt to talk smack about the Broncos losing to Cincinnati???

____________________________________

Creepy moment of the night: I went to the water fountain last night to get a cup of water. I accidentally pulled out about 10 cups so I sat them on the side of the fountain. The 11th cup fell out of the holder and landed between the fountain and the garbage can. I forgot to pick it up so it was still there when I went back for more water an hour later. As I was drinking, the cup rolled out from between the can and the drinking fountain BY ITSELF and rolled around my foot and to the other side of the trash can, like it was reminding me to pick it up!

___________________________________

People that need to be pimp-slapped: The paper guy that drives like a maniac at 5am while Prescilla and I are trying to take our walk. He whips the papers at our heads and tries to run us down. What is he thinking, that this is a video game or something?

____________________________________

The best thing about work: getting to read. So far this year I've read almost 75 books...yeah, I'm a geek...I've been keeping track month by month of how many books I've read. In May, I read 19 books alone because I read the whole Lemony Snicket series. Right now I'm at 9 books and I'm almost finished with Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters.

____________________________________

Sunday morning at 2am we turn our clocks back...for normal people this is cool - they gain an hour of sleep. For the poor saps that work B shift, we gain an hour of WORK! Instead of a 12 hour overnight shift, we get the lucky 13 hour shift! Bah!

____________________________________

Apologies to Monkey for borrowing his format!! :)


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?