Wednesday, November 24, 2004

My Opinion

Rolling Stone Magazine recently released it's Top 100 Rock N Roll Songs Of All Time.
Here's the top 10...see if you agree with their choices:

10. What I Say - Ray Charles
9. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
8. Hey Jude - The Beatles
7. Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
6. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
5. Respect - Aretha Franklin
4. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
3. Imagine - John Lennon
2. Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
1. Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

So there they are. What do you think? I think the list is poop. It's just
someone's opinion. Who's to say that those really ARE the best 10 songs EVER?
Not me!! I like most of the songs on there but the top 2 seem to have been
chosen for the magazine. Anyway, this list bugs me so I made my own Top 10
Best Rock N Roll Songs Ever List, just to feel vindicated. I know no one else
will agree with me but that's okay - that's not what I'm looking for.

10. Dancing In The Moonlight - King Harvest
9. Don't Believe A Word - Thin Lizzy
8. Breakin' Down - Skid Row
7. C'Mon & Love Me - Kiss
6. Mr Brownstone - Guns N Roses
5. Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
4. Let Me Take You Home Tonight - Boston
3. Radar Love - Golden Earring
2. Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealer's Wheel
1. Timeless - Badfinger

That's my list. It's only rock songs, though, or else there would be some No Doubt,
Roxette, Sarah McLachlan, etc on there. Maybe one day I'll do a list of ALL songs!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?