Friday, December 10, 2004

For The Love Of Money

People will do crazy things for money. Money is the root of all evil.
It's also my subject this fine winter morning.

About a month ago, Collin & I went shopping and to lunch with my dad. We had
decided to go to Red Top for giant hamburgers and I had chosen the Powers
Blvd location. Dad turned on Palmer Park to get there. Suddenly, Dad cries out,
"WAS THAT MONEY??"

"Where," I asked.

"In the road! I think it was. I'm going back." And with that, Dad whipped
a U-turn in the middle of the road (thankfully there was no traffic) and
drives back. "It is money! It's a twenty! Collin, get out and get it!" Dad had
stopped and Collin obeyed, jumping out of the Vue and grabbing the bill. It
was indeed a twenty dollar bill. Dad drove around a bit more through the
parking lots of the businesses there, looking for more. He was positive that
should be more. If there was, we didn't find it. As it was, that twenty paid for
most of our lunch that day.

Bizarre.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?