Sunday, February 27, 2005

Million Dollar Night

So, tonight was The Oscars. I love watching The Oscars. This year, however, for the first time I hadn't seen any of the nominated pictures. The only movie I had seen was "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind" for which Kate Winslet DID NOT win the award for Best Actress. That was the most incredibly wrong moment of the night. I thought she totally deserved to win.

I'll admit that I haven't seen "Million Dollar Baby" yet and I'm sure Hilary Swank did a good job but she already HAS an Oscar and Kate Winslet is always getting passed over - "Sense & Sensibility", "Titanic"....she did such an awesome job in "Eternal Sunshine" that I thought maybe this was her year. Oh, well.

I am glad to see Morgan Freeman and Jamie Foxx winning, though. I surprised myself by rooting for Foxx over Johnny Depp who I really like. Jamie Foxx's speech at the end made me cry. I loved what he said about his Grandma.

So...I'll be complaining for a while about Kate Winslet not winning. And I guess I'll be going to see "Million Dollar Baby" sooner that I thought I would be.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?