Friday, April 01, 2005

I Don't Like Spiders...

I've mentioned many, many times how I hate spiders, they ook me out big time. I've kind of forgotten what it's like to have to deal with them, though, since I've been in my new apartment. But here in Junction at Grandma's house in the country, I've been reminded.

Last night I was getting ready for bed and I noticed there was a spider on the wall by the bed I sleep in. It was big and ugly, the body about the size of a nickel, the legs long and icky. I stared at it for a long time, wondering what I should do. Should I smush it with my tennis shoe & not only have gross spider guts on my shoe but risk missing the creature and having him scurry under the bed? Should I go screaming upstairs for help?

I realized then that I was on my own. Mom was just as, if not more, afraid of spiders than I am. Dad has been bitten twice and not about to voluntarily face another, even if it *was* to save his only daughter. And Grandpa is blind...so I was stuck. I finally decided that it appeared that this spider was facing the window and maybe he would crawl out if I left him alone. So I got into bed and started reading.

The problem now was that I was reading Conspiracy Club by Jonathan Kellerman and there was a scene where a doctor was describing how a rare beetle had laid eggs inside this guy and he had a bunch of baby beetles squirming inside him. All I could think of was that this spider was just biding his time, waiting for me to fall asleep before he laid his eggs in me. {shudder} So I peeked over the book and saw that he had moved...and not towards the window. He was coming for me!!!! I had to kill him.

But he was behind a chair and I knew that now if I moved the chair he would scurry. But I couldn't reach him where he was. I was doomed. So I got up, cleaned my stuff off of the bed on the other side of the room and slept there. I figured I was safer away from that wall. He was gone when I woke up.

I haven't felt anything squirming inside me yet so I think I'm safe. I'll let you know.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?