Friday, April 15, 2005

Odds & Ends

-Did you know that today is the 93rd anniversary of the sinking of The Titanic? When Derek was little, he was totally obsessed with ships, especially The Titanic. He drew a buttload of pictures of the ship...in transit, hitting the berg, sinking...he also drew a picture of Captain E.J. Smith without ever seeing him. It turned out to be eerily close to what he really looked like!

-Did you know that Abraham Lincoln died today?

-Last night I went to see Phantom Of The Opera with Mom. We both loved the movie - the sets, the costumes, the music...it was enthralling. I shared a large Coke with her so by the time I got back to Collin's, I really had to go to the bathroom. Jordyn asked me where I was going and I told her, "I have to pee." She then cheered me on: "Pee! Pee! Pee like God would pee!" "How does God pee," I asked her. She shrugged. "Well...I don't know!"

-Today I took Jordyn with me to Hooked On Books. While I was paying, she took notice of a bucket of wooden garden decorations. She looked up at the lady behind the counter and said, "Hi, what's your name?" "My name is Mary." "Well, Mary, what are these exactly?" Mary went on to patiently excplain that they were lawn decorations. As we were leaving, I asked Jordyn how she got to be so friendly. She shrugged. "I don't know. That's just how I was designed."


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?