Tuesday, May 31, 2005

10 Things About Me

I have a great post planned for tomorrow that I hope you'll all get a kick out of but for now I present to you... 10 things you probably don't know about me!!

1. When I was little, I wanted to be a Price Is Right Girl. I spent hours practicing the hand wave to show off the products & prizes so I could be just as good as Janice, Diane & Holly.

2. I love storms - lightning, thunder, fog, hail... it inspires me. I'm always disappointed when it clears up. Just call me Shirley Manson... I'm only happy when it rains....

3. I totally agreed with John Cusack's character in High Fidelity when he was talking about the importance of song placement on mix tapes. It was always the most important thing to find the perfect "First Song." I had to start with something powerful like "Knee Deep" by 21 Guns, "Guns In The Sky" by INXS or "Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz. Slow songs belonged in the middle but I always ended on an up note. Now with mix CD's, it doesn't matter as much; I just put it on "shuffle."

4. I played french horn in 6th grade. I sucked. Hard.

5. I crack my knuckles all the time. Dad will hit me in the head if I'm close enough to him to get me to stop.

6. I can pop my jaw. It freaks people out. I saw it once when I was little being done on "That's Incredible." Mom, Dad & Derek were all icked out by the man on TV and I said "What's the big deal? I can do that." And I did. Then they were icked out with me!

7. I've had two jobs that I worked one day and never went back: Captain D's (I worked the drive thru... I got a $5 tip cuz I comped a lady who waited 45 minutes for her food!) & the Chapel Hills Mall theatre. Both were desperation jobs - I thought I needed something besides Fargos or Atmel then decided I didn't need a 2nd job that bad!

8. I had the #1 radio show in Colorado Springs for the time slot 7p-12a on Oldies 92.9 for a while. I was a star!! LOL

9. I sing with any song I know the words to, regardless if I like it or not. It's a disease.

10. I love true crime shows like American Justice, Cold Case Files, etc. One night I watched a marathon of them on A&E and then got all scared that someone was going to break into the house and kill me!

So there you have it! 10 little known facts. I'm sure Derek and Collin knew a couple... maybe all... I hope everyone had a fun Memorial Day Weekend!!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?