Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Better Than Sex

Now that I've got your attention...

:)

I plan on doing my first ever Photo Post this afternoon after I wake up so hold tight for that. But to keep you entertained, I offer up this little story.

(It's another Fargo's story, by the way.)

I worked for a while with a guy named Mark Sledge. He was in Derek's grade in school. I thought he was cute so I would talk to him whenever I got the chance. I was a hostess and he was a cook at the time so we got to talk a lot.

One night, either a grueling Friday or Saturday, we were standing around waiting for Final Call. (I always gave the Final Call. I loved doing it: {ahem} "Ladies & Gentlemen, may I have your attention please. This is the final call for the bar and salad bar... the final call for the bar and salad bar. Thank you.") Mark was hanging out by the order spindle while I was standing by my till with another hostess, an older lady named Vicky.

We were talking about what we were going to do when we got home that night. Vicky was headed straight for bed while I was planning to read (big surprise there huh?). Mark, however, had something totally different in mind. "I'm gonna go home, take off my shoes and my socks and scratch the heck outta my legs where the socks were. Man, that's better than sex!!"

"You're still a virgin, aren't you," I asked him. Vicky started laughing and Mark said seriously, "Try it when you get home and tell me I'm not right."

So I did. I'm not saying he was right but there are days (like right now as I'm writing this after being at work 11 hours) that I contemplate his philosophy. It DOES feel awful good.....


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?