Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Proof Is In The Pudding

What exactly does that mean, "the proof is in the pudding?" It sounds like something from an Agatha Christie mystery -

"Mr. Mallory did it."
"But, Miss Marple! However did you deduce that?"
"The pudding, my dear man! The proof is in the pudding."

But I'm getting off track. What I really wanted to talk about today was Elena. I haven't had the opportunity to blog about her in a while and she gave me ample material last week!!

For any new readers, Elena is the three (almost 4!!) year old daughter of my friend Shanon. Collin recently taught me how to be a photo blogger so on a day off, I'll be posting pictures, including one of Elena & Shanon so everyone can see them! But for now, you'll have to be content with the story. But it's funny, trust me!

Shanon, Elena & I went running around on Friday. One of the places we hit was the Goodwill to check out their selection of books. She was good, keeping herself occupied while we looked at books by playing with her toy horse, Buck. She would make him eat things or gallop across shelves. As we were walking towards the checkout counter, Buck hit a teacup and knocked it off. It broke. Buck got sent into timeout in Shanon's purse while Elena got a talking to about how she needed to be more careful.

A lady that worked there came over with a broom and, although Shanon insisted on paying for the cup, the lady insisted harder that she didn't need to. Shanon had Elena apologize to the lady who was very sweet to her. Then another shopper came over to congratulate Shanon on how well she handled the situation without yelling at her daughter. Elena was so thrilled that she wasn't getting into trouble that she threw her arms around Shanon's legs and proclaimed, "Mama, you're the best!!!"

Then it was my turn. She threw her little arms around my legs, looked up at me and said, "Heather, you're just weird!" So there you have it! The verdict is in, I am weird. Shanon's The Best and Heather is Just Weird.

But you all knew that anyway.


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?