Tuesday, July 05, 2005

How the Mighty Have Fallen

I hope everyone had a safe & fun Fourth Of July weekend! Mine was good but too short. Plus I had to work on the 4th so I didn't get to go to any BBQ's or hang out at a park and watch fireworks. Prescilla, Ginny & I did go out back of the plant and watched some displays from our hill but they were pretty far away.

Derek had his Dead Money Texas Hold 'Em Tournament Saturday night. If you'll remember last year I shocked everyone when I won first place so I went into this tourney prepared to defend my title. It didn't last long - sadly I was the first one out, followed quickly by my Mom. It came down to my couch-ridden Dad and Derek. I'll let Derek tell the story of what happened because I'm sure he'll tell it better than I will but long story short, Derek is the new Dead Money Champion. Congrats to Derek!!

Collin & I saw a couple movies this weekend... Mr & Mrs Smith which I really liked... and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy... finally. I liked it but a lot of that had to do with the fact that Alan Rickman was the voice of the depressed robot Marvin and that Martin Freeman from The Office played Arthur Dent. I did like Sam Rockwell as Zaphod even if no one else did.

Collin & I were stopped for a sobriety checkpoint Friday night but I'll let him tell that story. It did remind me of a story, though, which I'll save for another post. I don't want to tell all my secrets in one post! Ha!


|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?