Monday, September 26, 2005

Hooray for The O.C.!!

Collin has this nifty computer program called Alchemy which allows him to watch TV on his computer. He can also record TV programs like a VCR. This came in handy Thursday night when the season premiere of CSI was on opposite the 2nd episode of Reunion. We decided we would watch CSI and record Reunion so I'm hanging out in the bedroom while Collin's getting everything set up. The O.C. (which I have never watched before) was playing on the computer while he checked out settings and did a test run of the recorder. I started paying attention to the show and wondering about the characters and the story lines when suddenly I heard it:

"Guess I got what I deserved...left you waiting there too long my love." My head whipped around like a bullet and sure enough, it was a cover of Badfinger's "Baby Blue", sung by Sad Girls. I couldn't believe it! It was like a sneak attack by Pete Ham! I had NEVER watched The O.C. before in my life and with all the messing around with the computer Collin had been doing...it was a miracle I heard it at all! It was meant to be!! It was a decent cover, too. Hopefully with the kind of exposure The O.C. gets, people will have liked the song well enough to check it out then be interested in the original.

A girl can hope.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?