Monday, October 10, 2005

Open Letter To Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

First of all, let me say that I am a great admirer of your work. I love the rolling thunder and lightning, the smell of the rain, the first green of Spring...but my favorite season of all is Fall. The cool, crisp air, the colorful leaves, Halloween...it all blends together in this warm fuzzy potpourri of Autumnally goodness that I can't get enough of. However, this year you seemed to have skipped right over Fall. What happened?

It is October 10th and it's snowing outside. There's a Winter Storm Watch in effect in my area until Tuesday and the news people are warning us to stay indoors and if we can't to make sure we have winter survival kits in our vehicles. This is too early for this kind of stuff!! Where's my crisp breezes, my gold and red and orange leaves swirling down the sidewalk? This isn't right! I demand my Fall! I suffered through a disgustingly hot summer, the only thing getting me through was the thought of Autumn approaching. Where did it go? Did you forget? Did you lend it out to New England and they forgot to return it?

Please, please, I'm begging you, we're not ready for Winter yet. Please let us have just a few weeks of fall. Please? Thank you! Heather

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?