Friday, February 24, 2006

7800 Degrees Fahrenheit



So! Last night Mom, Heather & I went to see Bon Jovi. They played at the Pepsi Center up in Denver and put on an awesome show. A lot of energy, a lot of music...a ton of fun.

When I was in junior high, Slippery When Wet came out and every girl was in love with Jon Bon Jovi. But not me. No siree, I had to be different. My man was Richie Sambora, the guitarist. I adored him. And when I saw him last night on stage with that double-necked axe, his black hat and long black leather coat it's like I was 14 again! He still looked good, even with his puffy face. He sang with Jon on "I'll Be There For You" and did a lot of solo vocals on "Wanted Dead Or Alive" (which Jon called "Our National Anthem") and sounded great! It's too bad his solo attempts in the early 90's went nowhere, he's got a strong voice.

Tico Torres is a great drummer (what do you think, Andy?) - and he always looked like he was having so much fun. Dave Bryan, the keys master, was adorable still with Weird-Al like hair...they're still a well oiled band after all this time.

Mom's guy, however, IS Jon Bon Jovi. Mom's ticket was a Christmas gift from Derek, Heather, Collin & I and I also picked up Bon Jovi's new CD "Have A Nice Day" for her. So she had a heads up on all the new songs and when they opened with "Last Man Standing" she was singing along like there was no tomorrow. I have to admit, Jon still looks pretty hot for 44 - great body, great smile, great voice...

Jon is one of the owners of the AFL team the Philadelphia Soul and he made sure he got some good-natured jabs in at the Colorado Crush owner, Mom's ultimate man, John Elway.* During "Bad Medicine" he was saying that John was at home, sitting in his rocking chair while he was out there, still looking good and working hard. Jon Bon Jovi is a great showman, I'll give him that.

They did a lot of new songs, which is expected but since I don't know them all like I do the older ones, I ended up doing my fair share of just standing there listening instead of singing along like I like to do. I was impressed that they sang "Raise Your Hands", "Keep The Faith" and "Born To Be My Baby", all of which I hadn't heard for years!! My one disappointment was that they didn't perform my favorite song, "Lay Your Hands On Me." They also did "Blaze Of Glory" which surprised me since that was a solo project for Jon.

Jon spent a lot of time performing in the crowd. Sadly, we were in the next to last row waaaaaaaaaay up on top so there was no chance of getting Mom next to her man. On the Jumbo-Tron they showed Jon walking by a lady who reached out & touched his butt. Heather said something about it and Mom replied, "He's right there! How could you not touch him???" She had the cutest smile on her face when she said it, too...she loves her some Bon Jovi, that's for sure.

All in all, it was a great show. They still rock and know how to entertain a crowd. I give him 8 out of 10 stars.

*=Ooo! If you like/love/adore/eatsleepbreathe John Elway, follow that link...the intro gave me chills!!!! It was great!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?