Monday, March 06, 2006

Not A Good Day

I had so many post ideas for you today - - an ooky one about nearly-severed thumbs and a ranty one about Burger King and an outraged one about Wal-Mart selling the Morning After pill but they'll have to wait. It's not a day for posts like those. My grandfather, my Mom's dad, passed away last night after having a heart attack.

They were in Denver for my cousin's birthday party and were supposed to come down here to the Springs to visit us on Wednesday. I couldn't make it to the party because of work and figured I'd see them then. Now I feel horrible that I didn't just take vacation time for it and see him.

It doesn't seem real yet. I've not had to deal with death a lot in my life (knock on wood & point like Fred that it doesn't start happening with regularity now) and I don't know what to do. My Mom is inconsolable of course. I offered to leave work last night to be with her but she told me no. I want to be able to do something but there's really nothing to be done. I want to be there for my Grandma as well, even though she's a strong person, I hate the thought of her being without him.

He wasn't supposed to die. He was supposed to be around forever. God, I'll miss him!

In loving memory of Harold Leroy Widegren - We'll miss you, Grandpa.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?