Friday, June 23, 2006

Weekend Chronicles - Part II

The 2nd part of mine & Collin's anniversary trek was down to Beulah, Colorado to see Bishop's Castle. It's an actual castle that's being built as we speak by one guy, Jim Bishop, and it's free to walk through it and check it out. So, that's what we did.


Here's the bottom front of the castle. See that big tall stone staircase leading up the corner? That's the straightest staircase you'll see in the castle. I also didn't climb that one - I didn't see it until we were taking pictures and by that time I was tired of climbing.


This is my favorite feature of Bishop's Castle - the chimney. Shaped like a dragon, when the chimney is lit, the smoke comes out of the mouth. So cool. So very, very cool.


Those are my legs on the balcony. See how you can see the ground underneath me through the balcony? It's pretty scary.


Collin took this picture while I was climbing the east tower. There's a lot of stained glass in the great room which is the only place that has any furniture - - a couple long wooden benches. It would be an awesome place for a wedding...


I love this picture. Once again, I can't take credit for it. Collin took this one as well. The tower on the left side is the one I climbed to the top of - it had stone steps (winding staircase) and a hand rail as opposed to the west tower which had a winding iron staircase that you could see through and no rail. So anyway, I climbed that tower and sat on the turret to take pictures. I was pretty high up - it was awesome. On my way down, a woman came up looking for her son. She weighed AT LEAST 300 lbs and she had to squeeze by me in this teeny-tiny little stairway...I thought I was going to die!!


One last one - see that ladder connected to the unfinished tower? Can you imagine climbing across that?? It makes me dizzy just thinking about it!

There's the castle trip in a nutshell. We took a metric butt-load of pictures and if you'd like to see more, you can click here. Have a great weekend!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?