Monday, July 24, 2006

June In Death

At the beginning of June, even though I had about 5 or 6 bags of unread books in my car and a stack as tall as the Leaning Tower of Pisa in my locker of the same, I went to the library. You might remember the post about the screechy old lady and the girl with the cell phone. Anyway, the first 7 books of June's list were the books I got. Once you see them, you'll understand my post title. Of course, if you're a J.D. Robb fan, you already know....

54. The Complete Ghost Stories of Charles Dickens - Charles Dickens

55. Glory In Death - J.D. Robb

56. Immortality In Death - J.D. Robb

57. Rapture In Death - J.D. Robb

58. The Main Corpse - Diane Mott Davidson

59. Labyrinth - Mark T. Sullivan

60. Kiss of the Bees - J.A. Jance

61. Before the Cradle Falls - James F. David

62. After Midnight - Maggie Shayne

The Book of the Month went to Immortality In Death by J.D. Robb. It was the best out of the three I read, which isn't saying that the other two weren't good. They were terrific as usual but that one I really enjoyed. I liked Mavis's fashion designing boyfriend and the human side of Lt. Dallas we finally start seeing. The only reason I read only 3 was because I want to read the series in order and I had read Naked In Death, the 1st Eve Dallas book, a couple years ago. I grabbed what the library had which was only the 2nd, 3rd & 4th. I ended up going to Barnes & Noble for the next two and just today found the 6th. So you'll start to see more of her books peppered in the upcoming lists.

And yes, I finally read A Christmas Story by Charles Dickens. It was wonderfully written, as were most of the other ghost stories in the collection. However, there were 2 that were so dry and poorly written that I couldn't even finish reading them. I don't even remember what they were called. One of them, every single character irritated me to the point that I was yelling at the book. Maybe I was just in a mood, who knows??

But hey! I'm caught up now! July is almost over and I'm just starting my 10th book of the month, the 72nd of the year. Unless something miraculous happens, I don't think I'll be hitting the 200 mark like I hoped to. But the 100+ mark is definitely doable!!

Hope you all had a fantabulous weekend!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?