Monday, July 03, 2006

Pictures, Pictures Everywhere

I admit it - I've been a bit slack when it's come to posting lately...and I don't even have a good excuse. I'm just lazy. But to make up for it, here's some pictures for your enjoyment!


Sunrise from Quail Lake. It's a shame my camera can't see the colors I see - this particular sunrise was incredibly pink but you can't really see that here. What you can see, however, is the silhouette of a large bird flying across the water. I didn't even see that until I downloaded the pictures onto my computer!


We see a lot of different animals when we go walking but we had never seen a turtle before, nevertheless one this big!! This guy was climbing the bank, going away from the lake. Prescilla was concerned he was going the wrong way and wanted to turn him around but eventually she let him continue going his own way. Later I found out that herons eat turtles and that since Quail Lake is home to at least 3 herons, he might have been running for his life!


Speaking of - here's my heron. Isn't he awesome?


A couple weeks ago, Justin, Jordyn & I came up with a new game called The Last Gumball which involves marbles. This is Jordyn messing around with the shooter marbles. I like how the one on the right appears to be glowing, giving her an alien cyborg look.


Saving the cutest for last, this is my boy, Sam. Usually when I get him up in the morning to let him run around in his exercise ball, he chills in my hand for a bit, waking up and looking cute. But of course the morning I have the camera ready he freaks out. See the look of death in his eye? He's a ticked off hamster! In fact, I think he's flipping me off! Aaaand - we also get a good shot of just how fat his belly really is!

So there you go. Hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend and have a safe & happy 4th of July!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?