Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Mindless Radio Blob

That's what I've apparently turned into. It seems that once every year there's a block of songs that come out that sometimes against all my better judgement, I really like. This year's block has now arrived.

It started with Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie." I heard it every morning on the way home from work for 3 straight days. I wasn't sure I liked it. Then one day I caught myself singing with it. Crap! I was hooked. It's the "Shakira, Shakira" part and the "this is perfecto" that I seem to enjoy singing along with. Go figure.

Then there was the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Dani California." I've got nothing against RHCP, they just very rarely release anything that really gets my blood pumping. However, this song is so catchy and the video is so great that I think I might have to buy this CD!

And then Evanescence came out with their new song "Call Me When You're Sober." One listen was it took for me to want that CD. I loved their debut and this sounds even stronger! Plus I really dig Amy Lee's voice. I like the little giggle she does at the end of the song.

Right now I have Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man" running through my head and I think I might like that one, too.

I've always loved Nickelback, even though it took me a bit to get past the heavy rotation of "How You Remind Me" to realize what an awesome voice Chad Kroeger has so when "Savin' Me" came out, I decided I had to have the new album. I would have had it sooner but I got real tired of hearing "Photograph" every 15 minutes.

The other night I heard "Steady As She Goes" by Jack White's new band The Raconteurs and that CD went on the Must Buy list.

The first CD I bought in a long while, though, was purchased last week. It was a surprise to me to find in my hand, nonetheless realize that the first single from it is, apparently, my new favorite song. When it comes on the radio, I turn it up loud. What is it? Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback." It's such a groovy little tune - I love everything about it. The whole CD is great as well. Justin was always my least favorite NSyncer (laugh, Collin, laugh!) but his solo stuff is pretty hot.

So there's my new batch o' faves. Who knows what next years will be...

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?