Monday, September 25, 2006

Musical Update

So after that last post where I listed all the songs that I wanted, I went out and bought myself 2 new cd's. What I didn't buy were any on my list! Go figure!

I ended up purchasing Fergie's "The Dutchess" and the Dixie Chicks' latest effort, "Taking the Long Way." What I really, really wanted was the new Evanescence but it doesn't hit stores until October 3rd. Bah!

The cd's I bought are both very good, though. The Dixie Chicks is quite mellow, for the most part, with the exception of Lubbock Or Leave It, a fun, upbeat Sin Wagon-like tune. The first single, Not Ready To Make Nice is so powerful, I have to sing along with it!

Fergie's debut solo disc is so much fun, although parts of it remind me of Gwen Stefani's solo. London Bridge sounds like Hollaback Girl without the bananas and Glamorous reminds me of Luxurious. Collin said Fergie was "bitin' rhymes." Ha! The first track, Fergalicious, just pops. She does an awesome version of the Temptations Get Ready and Losing My Ground might be my favorite song on the cd. The only thing I wish was different was that she did more all-out singing. She has a hell of a voice and needs to show the power in it more often!

So - that's my music review. Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?