Sunday, February 04, 2007

A New Year of Reading

So January's done already. It went by so fast and I only read 4 books this month! The problem was 3-fold. #1, I started working on genealogy again. #2, Collin let me start taking his Nintendo DS to work and I found myself hooked on Club Games. And #3, the last book I read was freakin' HUGE!

I also decided this year to copy Kathleen and list the movies I watch this year as well. Here we go...

BOOKS

1. Mistletoe And Sword - Anya Seton
2. The Hearth & Eagle - Anya Seton
3. Tommyland - Tommy Lee w/ Anthony Bozza
4. Green Darkness - Anya Seton

Book of the month - Although Tommyland was a great read & loads of fun, I have to give the BOTM honors to Green Darkness by Anya Seton. I love her books but this one...it might be better than Katherine. It was about reincarnation and karma and it completely captivated me. Plus it was crazy long...it started in 1968 then went back to the 1500's and she included all the history with it, including Queen Mary's reign and all the craziness surrounding religion that was going on. I loved every word!

MOVIES

1. The Devil Wears Prada
2. Crash
3. The Descent
4. The Holiday
5. Talladega Nights - The Legend of Ricky Bobby
6. Idiocracy
7. The Perfect Man
8. Election
9. The Quiet Earth
10. Barnyard
11. Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance

Out of those, my favorite was a tie between The Holiday (because I love Kate Winslet) and Crash (because it was so intense and told so well.). I totally see why Crash won Best Picture last year - if you haven't seen that one, go rent it!

And how about them Colts? Way to go, guys!!!! Congrats to Peyton Manning as well for bringing home the MVP honors. I voted for him about 10 times! :-)

Hope you all have a mighty fine Monday!

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?