Friday, March 30, 2007

So that show I like....

You all know by now that I'm a huge fan of Lost. And this season they're not playing any reruns - if you miss it, you better have Tivo or you're screwed until the DVD collection comes out!

So Wednesday night I get all settled in to watch Lost and - what the hell? There was a tornado in Holly, CO which is waaaaay out east, not near us at all but Channel 13 was covering it by way of StormTracker and the dumb-ass weather guy was yammering on & on and it was 9pm! It was time for Lost and they were still talking about a tornado!! The worst part was that they didn't have any shots of damage or funnel clouds or anything, it was just the map of Colorado, which solidified just how far away this tornado was, and the big red, yellow and orange splotches indicating the severeness of the storm.

5 minutes turned into 10 and we were getting mad! Yeah, a tornado was bad news but it was in Holly which is closer to Kansas than us so why not just show Lost and give us the info on a scroller bar at the bottom of the screen? So I called the TV station, something I have never done before.

Girl: KRDO Channel 13 (Sounding harried)

Me: Are you gonna show Lost?

Girl: As soon as the storm warning expires,

Me: When will that be?

Girl: I don't know. I have to go, the phones are ringing off the hook.

So I hung up. I'm willing to bet they were getting more calls about Lost, a show that won't be rerunning this season and - AND! - someone was slated to DIE!!!, than a tornado on the other side of the state. Finally, 15 minutes into the show they start up Lost with a scroller bar on the bottom. Brilliant idea! Wish I had thought of that!

5 minutes later they cut in again because they had some eye witness to the tornado on the phone. So I missed the first 30 minutes of Lost for something that does not concern me. Collin & Justin went downstairs when it started back up because they didn't want to come in on the middle. They're going to watch the episode on iTunes tonight.

I'm sorry about the tornado and that people died in it. But it wasn't in our town, it wasn't close to our town and no other local news station was covering the storm. There was no reason to do what they did. Anoying!

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?