Thursday, March 15, 2007

So...Last night...

My first night as official acting secretary for the HOA board has came & went and I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! I was so nervous that people were going to be mean and they weren't - they were all very nice & cool. It helped that Dad was there, of course.

Dad & I got there early for the pre-meeting where they go over what they're going to go over. It's like a dress rehearsal. There was one almost-confrontation between the acting president & a former prez but it didn't amount to much. One of the board members came in 15 minutes late and Dad, ever the joker, was staring at his invisible watch as the johnny-come-lately walked by. Then, suddenly, I felt like I was back in high school! The guy walked behind Dad, took his pen and started drawing a watch on Dad's hands. The president had to stop her spiel and ask what was going on. Dad said, "He's drawing a watch on me and he's still 15 minutes late!"

The actual meeting started at 7 - Collin & Jordyn showed up - I was happy to see them! There were 7 homeowners at the meeting, including Collin. We have 133 units here and 7 people showed up! Yikes! But they made me introduce myself and tell a little about me. Then the president had everyone in the room introduce themselves to me.

The vice president is the husband of my 6th grade teacher. He seemed very nice - I had heard so much about him when I was in 6th grade and then after my dad became a board member...I felt like I knew him already! One of the other board members reminds me of Walter Matthau - he's so cute!! And about 80.

So now I have to cull through my notes, taken at warp speed, and listen to the tape of the meeting to get the minutes together. So far, I'm not sorry I accepted the position. This could actually be fun!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?