Monday, April 23, 2007

There's Only 2 "S"'s In Dessert, Not 3!

Derek & Collin both might post about this but since I paid, I figure I better do it first!

Last month was my parents' 38th anniversary. Sadly, they were both sick so I told them that when they were better Collin & I would take them out to dinner. Saturday night turned out to be the time. The place they chose was Brooklyn's, an out-of-the-way Italian diner that serves the most wonderful food. Derek & Heather joined us that night.

Our waiter was new and it took a while for our order to be taken. While we were waiting, he brought over this plate of cut up pastry. I can't remember the name of it - Squatchy was the only one who could after he told us what it was - but it was delicious! It was like a cinnamon roll infused with a little bit of Heaven. We all decided that was what we wanted for dessert.

When it was time to order dessert, Mom & Derek changed their minds to cannoli's. I was just going to share the cinnamon thing with Collin but he talked me into my own and Dad wanted one, too. So we ordered three. Now the waiter's job is to look out for his customers but this guy was new. What he neglected to tell us was each of these desserts was the size of a 10" pizza! No joke! He brought the first one and said, "Two more of these coming up."

Oh, my God! Dad was laughing his head off and all I could think of was "How much is this going to cost me?" We finished off a whole one and took the rest home for snackies later during game playing, which is another story that I'll let Derek tell. Now I know to always ASK how big a dessert is before we order!

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?