Monday, August 06, 2007

A Month Of Harry

It's that time again: Harry Potter Mania Month! With the new movie and book out, I was immersed in HP Land and happy as a clam to be there. Sadly, once again, my reading suffered but the movies more than made up for it:


BOOKS:
21. The Firefly Companion Volume 2: I got so heavy into the Firefly series again and decided I needed a companion book. I found one but it was Vol. 2 - I bought it anyway and enjoyed the hell out of it! It contains the complete scripts for the later episodes which was fun to read!

22. The Firefly Companion Volume 1: Yes, I read them out of order...but it was still shiny fun!

23. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Of COURSE this is the BOTM! I loved this book even though I spent the last part of it in tears! I'm planning on re-reading the whole series soon!

24. The Serenity Visual Guide - The script to the movie. Yay!!



MOVIES:

87. Serenity - I had to watch this again after reading the script!

88. Serenity - I am not obsessed!

89. The One - I love Jet Li and what could be better than cool cars, cool music and multiple Jet Li's???

90. Monty Python & The Holy Grail - Hadn't seen this one in a while - always funny!

91. Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde - This was a horrible rendition of the book...there was really no reason to call this movie Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde...bad bad bad. The only reason I watched it (and forced Collin to) was Adam Baldwin.

92. Full Metal Jacket - Great movie - I loved Animal Mother!!

93. Slither - This is a fun, if gross, movie with Nathan Fillion.

94. The Illusionist - Ooo! I loved this movie! LOVED IT!!!

95. Arsenic & Old Lace - Collin had never seen this one and I had...about 5 times. I was pleased to see how well he enjoyed it.

96. Ghost Rider - Not a bad movie. Great effects.

97. Evil Eyes - Yet another Adam Baldwin flick where he was the only good thing about it.

98. Hairspray - LOVED IT!! So fun and colorful and the music was great!

99. Premonition - So disappointed in this movie. I was really looking forward to it and ended up miffed at the end.

100. Hot Fuzz - Damn funny movie from the guys that did Shaun Of The Dead. Seriously funny.

101. Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix - My MOTM. I had already heard from Kathleen that they hadn't followed the book so I went only to enjoy it as a movie and ended up loving it. The effects are great and I love all the actors - Imelda Staunton and Helena Bonham-Carter especially!!

102. Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix (IMAX) - Two days in a row. Enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time around except we were in the 2nd row and the fight scene in the Dept of Mysteries was in 3-D which made me sick.

103. The Prince & Me - An okay movie that I popped in to while away the time.

104. Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire - It took Collin and I 2 hours of driving around town to track this DVD down. But it was worth it!


Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?