Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Omigod

OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod
OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod
OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod
OmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigodOmigod

***okay deep breath***

Rumors run rampant throughout my workplace but this one has scared the shit out of me! Apparently 300 layoffs are happening next Wednesday morning (globally, not just our plant) and my area is slated to get "hit hard." I'm soooo freaked out. I start looking at my co-workers wondering if they would go before me and what can I do that they can't?

The truth is that anyone can do what I do, including train people and type up the passdown. That worries me - I'm not irreplacable although I'd like to be. One shiny star in this mucky sky is that I am the only buddy trainer who is certified to certain machines so...maybe I'll be okay.

Knocking on wood and pointing like Fred as I type this, I have never been laid off or fired from a job and I surely do not want to start now. My initial panic has subsided but there is an undercurrent of stress that is permeating everything I do this weekend....

Pray for me!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?