Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hey Jude



I can't wait for my end-of-month roundup to talk about this movie. Last week I saw Across The Universe and I do believe it is now my new favorite movie. It was amazing - visually, musically, story-wise - it was simply brilliant.



Director Julie Taymor used Beatles tunes to tell the story of Jude & Lucy and it was masterfully done. With the exception of Evan Rachel Wood (and the 3 cameos which I won't ruin the suprise of) I wasn't familiar with any of the actors but ended up loving them all. They all sing the songs in the movie and they're all great. Dana Fuchs, who plays Sadie, is my new musical hero. She's unbelievable...she sounds like Janis Joplin reincarnated. I highly recommend following the link to her site and watching her live video of Helter Skelter - she'll blow you away!



And GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! Seriously.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?