Monday, March 31, 2008

More With the Workins....

So we're now into our third week with the new fella as our supervisor. Changes are occurring left and right and all we can do is try & keep up. The sup has, lately, been kinda sucking up to me after our little disagreement about the new schedule. But that doesn't make me like him any more. Especially after tonight.

One of my co-workers lost his grandmother on Friday so he's taking Mon & Tues off as bereavement days. The sup didn't seem to have a problem with it but today told my co-worker that he needed a copy of his grandmother's obituary for his file. WTF????

That grated on me all night.

Later on, 3 of us went to the area we merged with for a tour. They have to wear different gear than us, most notably face masks which on Tues we will be required to wear all the time as well. I'm really really claustrophobic so I didn't know how I would react to wearing the mask. As we were suiting up tonight I looked at my friend who was with me and told her if I fainted she would have to catch me. The sup asked what I said and I told him, "I'm really claustrophobic so if I faint, we'll know there's a problem." He replied, "If the mask kills you I'll come to your funeral."

"Cool. I'll make sure you get a copy of my obituary." He didn't get it. But I got my dig in and I hope he gets it while he's driving home and congratulating himself on being Master of the Universe.

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?