Thursday, January 22, 2009

And the nomination goes to.....

Today is a day I look forward to every year with excitement & hope:  the Oscar nominations.  This year I'm a tad disappointed, though...maybe because I didn't see a lot of movies in the last 12 months (except The Dark Knight which I saw 4 times) I don't have an emotional interest in who wins.  So without further ado, the nominations (My picks in red):


Best Actor
Brad Pitt -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Sean Penn for Milk
Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler
Richard Jenkins - The Visitor
Frank Langella - Frost/Nixon

Best Actress
Meryl Streep - Doubt.
Anne Hathaway- Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie - Changeling
Melissa Leo - Frozen River
Kate Winslet - The Reader

Best Supporting Actor
Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
Josh Brolin - Milk
Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt
Michael Shannon - Revolutionary Road

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams - Doubt
Penelope Cruz - Vicky Christina Barcelona
Viola Davis - Doubt
Taraji P. Henson - Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler

Best Picture
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

All right.  You'll notice that there were a couple categories I didn't pick in and that's because I didn't see any of the movies so I can't.  Even though I didn't see The Reader or The Visitor, I'm choosing Kate Winslet and Richard Jenkins because I really like them.  As for Heath Ledger - I've been saying since the day I saw The Dark Knight that if he didn't get the Oscar, there was something wrong.  And not just because he died (*coughDEREKcough*) but because he did a phenomenal job as The Joker.  He was believable as being crazy and evil and someone who just wanted to watch the world burn.  DEREK!!  Watch this clip, ok?





But if he can't win, my second choice is Robert Downey Jr.  

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?