Monday, February 09, 2009

Holy Moly!!!

It's very windy here today - gusts are blowing up to 70mph!  And of course this was the day that Shanon & I had decided to go run around.  We did our shopping and were on our way home...I turned onto a small side street, Rio Vista, as a less-populated route to Constitution Ave.   There were 3 vehicles in front me, including an older model white truck directly ahead of me.  

We were driving down the road when suddenly a gust of wind hit.  A big tree in the backyard of a house started swaying and I thought, "that tree's gonna break.  That tree is breaking!  That tree broke and hit the guy in front of me!!!"  Sure enough, what looked like half the tree broke under the force of the gale and shattered on top of the cab and the road.  I slammed on my brakes and just sat in the road for a minute.  The truck pulled onto the side road and stopped.  I pulled around the tree debris and parked behind the truck before Shanon & I jumped out to see if he was okay. 

Turned out it was a young kid in his work truck.  He was fine, a little freaked out (way less freaked than Shanon & I were!) and thankful to us for stopping.  The tree had completely shattered his windshield and there was a large chunk of tree sticking out of the bottom left corner of the windshield.  He tried to pull it out but it was stuck good.  Luckily he had a cell phone with a camera on him and he was able to get pics of the damage.  Thank God he wasn't hurt; him or anyone else!

Wind can be so dangerous!!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?