Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Beardening

Before I start, here's my "gossip" for the day: Gwen Stefani is pregnant! I'm very excited for her - practically as excited as I would be if my sister-in-law were having a baby! *hint hint, Derek*

So, on with the post!! In yesterday's Gazette Life section they had an article about Jake Plummer's beard and how, since he's having the best season of his life, he might make having a full beard "acceptable."



I never realized that having a full beard wasn't fashionable. Nor did I realize, as the reporter pointed out, that full beards seemed to belong to communist leaders, mad Russian monks (Rasputin wasn't evil - he was simply misunderstood!) and Unabombers. When I was little, my dad had a full beard and he was none of the above. In fact, he looked pretty dashing. And Collin has a full beard, no matter what he might argue, and he's the most normal person I've ever known. Apparently only 2% of American men have full beards. I was staggered by that statistic. Simply staggered.

But back to Jake and his beard. I'm going out on a limb here and saying...I think Jake looks pretty damn hot with all that hair and the beard. I'm sorry but I do. I think he looks better clean-shaven but he's all rugged and mountain-mannish. But these people are acting like they've never seen a full beard on an athlete before. Have they never noticed Bronco's center Tom Nalen? He was doing Crazy Mountain Man well before Jake was ever a Bronco. And do they not watch hockey? It's practically a law that during the playoffs, hockey players don't shave. Patrick Roy had a hell of a beard going during the last Stanley Cup win, not to mention Shjon Podein and Jon Klemm. A guy in Germany just sent me pictures of Rene Corbet playing with the Mannheim Eagles and he had a full beard during their playoffs. .

I like beards on men. Collin threatens to shave and I get misty-eyed. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?