Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Drive Oh-Five

Oh, wait it's 06 now. Shoot, and that rhymed. Oh, well...anyway...on with the post -

Overheard at the DMV yesterday, said by a U.S. Army soldier: "Just being in here makes me want to drink & drive. I think I'll counter-sue."

That's right, I was at the DMV yesterday afternoon to get my new license. Bleh. I woke up somewhat early (3pm, that's verrrry early for me!) and decided I might as well get it over with so I went to the DMV to change my name on my license. I got there at 3:30, stood in line for 40 minutes just to talk to the receptionist to find out what line to stand in. She sent me to the line in the back of the building (where I stood behind the soldier). I was in that line for 30 minutes. The next lady told me to sit (F-in finally!!! My back was killing me!) and wait for my name to be called. It was practically an hour before I heard it called out. I got out of there at 5:30! Yuck!

The one bright spot was that the line I stood in was No Number Required. If you were next in line, you were next to be helped. The other people had numbers and the people calling the numbers talked softly and quickly. "942...943...944...945..." There was barely a breath between the numbers and if those people weren't fast, they didn't get waited on and lost their place! There was one older lady that was egging the number caller on: "That's right, keep going! 965! That's it, uh-huh, 966! Whoo, baby, keep it going! 967, you're almost there...968 Ayah! That's me!!" Everyone in the building was smiling, even the workers!!

One person I noticed while I was standing in the 2nd line was the dork that gave me my first driver's test way back when. I couldn't believe I recognized him but I did. The more I looked at him, the more annoyed I got. He failed me on my driving test, telling Mom that I "needed to drive at night more to improve my night vision." Dick! How did he know what my night vision was like? This guy was talking to a young lady and she looked very sad. I wanted to ask if he was telling her to improve her night vision as well!!

And now I have to wait up to 30 days for them to mail me the new license. They don't hand them out there anymore like they used to, oh no. They gave me a piece of paper that will serve as a temp license until the real thing arrives. But yet they didn't confiscate nor deface my old license...the last time I changed my name they punched a hole in the corner so that I couldn't use it but they didn't do that this time. I wonder why. I hope I can't get into trouble by still having it!

P.S. Yesterday morning that Dan Cochell wasn't on the morning show, they had Curt Lambert. It was so enjoyable. Too bad it won't last...

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?