Friday, January 13, 2006

It Came In The Mail

I still get mail for the people who lived in my apartment before me - usually it's advertisements or catalogs...their last name is Volynuk and I always assumed they were Russian. Apparently, however, they are from the Ukraine. I found this out because I got this in the mail last week:


Now clickable for bigger version.

There were three of them, all from the Ukrainian Consolate. It's all in Ukrainian so I have no idea what it says. When I showed it to Collin he suggested that the Volnyuk family were being deported and this was their warning letter. In the bottom left hand corner by the signature it says "poky." Collin is convinced this means "jail."

I also showed it to Shanon. While I was doing this, I noticed the address label on the front:



"Colo-rado." The other two letters had Colorado hyphened between the 'a' & the 'do.' Then Shanon noticed that there was no name on the label. "Whoever's at that address is getting deported." So if suddenly I'm gone, please send a search party to The Ukraine. I think it's cold there and I'm not so sure I would want to stay.

Also, if anyone knows what this says, please let me know. I'm very curious!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?