Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Two Great Tastes

I'm not sure how old I was - probably jr high or high school, but one day I took thin-sliced roast beef and wrapped it around nacho cheese flavored Doritos. It was the most wonderful thing I had ever eaten. In fact, writing about it now makes me want to head on over to King Soopers and get some!! Mmmm....

Anyway, my point is that after I found that great combo, I started experimenting a little here & there, finding foods to go together. My first success was bagged popcorn from Albertsons and stick pepperoni. Don't know why but it tasted incredibly yummy together! Then a couple weeks ago I started dipping Fritos Scoops into peanut butter. Considering that I think Fritos are the only way to go chip-wise with a PB&J, this made perfect sense to me.

But last night - last night was the oddest. And it tasted pretty good. Fritos Scoops dipped in caramel. Yep. That's right. Caramel. You know that dipping caramel you get for apples? Well, I'd eaten all the apple slices I had and still had a half tub of caramel left and a big ol bag of Scoops just staring me in the face. Why not, I thought. The salty mixed with the overpowering sweetness somehow worked. Amazing.

Not sure I'll make a habit out of it but maybe every once in a while....

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?