Monday, May 15, 2006

Irking My Cookies

I got that line from Shanon, by the way. I think it's funny. Anyway, for today's reading pleasure, here is something that really irks my cookies.

Moths.

I saw my first moth of the season last night and it disturbed me. I've been quite happy without the moths, thank you very much, and I'm not pleased that it's that time of the year again. The time of year for me to start ducking when I walk outside or come close to crashing my car because a rogue moth has somehow gotten inside and is flapping madly about at the windows.

But the point of my story is this: I'm supposed to be safe at work from bugs, spiders, bees & moths. But it's becoming all too clear that this was a lie. A couple years ago I found a large black spider in my smock pocket causing undo chaos and last night - well....

I was sitting in corner, reading my book when something overhead caught my attention. The ceiling tile above where I sit is missing, has been since I can remember. The moth flew down from the hole left by the missing tile and started fluttering about around my head! Of course I jumped to my feet and ran to the other side of the room. The gross thing flitted and bumped around before finding another ceiling hole and disappearing, hopefully FOREVER!

I really, really hate moths. They're disgusting and made of the dust from their departed brethren, I swear. What I want to know is, is there a place in the world where I can go to be safe from moths? Or am I doomed to an eternity of Moth Hell?

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?