Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where The Poo Falls

Derek was talking about poo yesterday and it reminded me of something that happened at work last week. Brace yourself.

It was about 4:40am and I was on my way to the bathroom. To get to the women's bathroom, there's a little corner to turn. As I was approaching the corner, I noticed something sitting on the floor midway between the men's & women's restrooms. The closer I got, the more horrified I became. It was poo.

It was small and squishy-looking, coiled like a mini chocolate donut. There was no way it had been tracked inside from the ground because it wasn't smeared and it didn't have any footprints on it. It was a perfectly formed pile of poo. It wasn't fake, either. I didn't touch it, mind you, but you could tell. I looked to see if there was a trail of poo leading into one of the bathrooms but the rest of the floor was clear. I sidestepped it, walking into the women's room wondering where it came from.

I mentioned it to Prescilla when we went for our 5:30 walk. She had seen it, also, and was just as horrified as I was. We discussed where it could have came from. Our thoughts:

-Someone placed it there, perhaps as a joke or a message that they were unhappy with the business.

-It fell out of someone's pants in a rush to the toilet. (Prescilla's response to this idea was: "That means someone we work with has Poopy Pants!!")

-A small animal such as a dog or cat somehow gained entrance without being seen and pooped on the floor.

When we returned from our walk, Prescilla told AJ & Gabe about it and the boys went to investigate. Gabe even snapped a picture of it with his phone. I wish I had had my camera so I could have shared the horror. No one admitted to the poop and no one seemed to know where it came from. When I left that morning, someone had stepped in it and smeared it across the floor. It was gone by the time we came back that night.

I'm thinking if it was left as a joke someone would have owned up to it by now: "Did you see the poo I left on the floor?? Wasn't that hi-larious??" No one has mentioned it again, though...it's a mystery that will never be solved.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?