Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Digging In The Dirt

I was talking to my dad the other day and somehow the topic of ultimate jobs came up. The conversation went something like this:

Dad: If I could be anything, I think I would be an archaeologist.

Me: Are you making fun of me? (My biggest dream was always to be an archaeologist, to discover things about ancient civilizations, uncover their secrets...doesn't that sound wonderful? My father, though, is very good at remembering things and bringing them back to tease you with. I thought that's what he was doing here.)

Dad: No! I always thought that would be fun. I wouldn't wanna be like your buddy...what's his name...

Me: Indiana Jones?

Dad: Yeah! I wouldn't wanna run through jungles and have poison arrows shot at me or anything. I just want to dig in the dirt, find little pieces of pots and things. Wouldn't that be great?

Me: YES!! That's exactly why I wanted to be an archaeologist!

Dad: You want to be one, too?

35 years and he never knew my dream was be an archaeologist! I could have sworn I'd told him. Apparently, though, that's where I get it from. I wouldn't mind the big discoveries like Indy but just to go to Egypt and dig in a tomb...that's what I want.

Ooo...except I probably couldn't sit and read at that job....

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?