Sunday, July 30, 2006

Little Girls

A few weeks ago, I went shopping with Shanon & Elena. One of the stores we stopped into was Wal-Mart. While in the crafty aisle, I was standing next to Elena who was sitting the in the cart. The cart was parked next to a large pillar that had merchandise hanging from it. The particular items were "Wet Floor" warning signs complete with the picture of the little guy slipping and falling. Elena pointed to it and said, "Do you know what this means?"

"No, what," I asked, eager to hear her interpretation.

"It means 'Don't die.'" Shanon and I both laughed. "I think we should buy some," she continued, undaunted.

"Why? Do you need to be reminded not to die," I questioned. She shook her little blonde head and said, "They're not for me." I'm wondering who she thought needed to be reminded!!

A second incident, this one with Collin's 6 year old Jordyn, occurred Friday afternoon. She was playing a computer game called Wingnut with the headphones on when suddenly she asked me, "What's a walnut?"

"It's a certain type of nut," I told her.

"Well, this girl in this game just called me a walnut." Her brother knew what she playing and was familiar with the terminology so he told her that she had been called a wingnut and not a walnut. Jordyn looked at Justin and with all seriousness said, "What kind of nut would have a wing????"

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?