Sunday, August 20, 2006

Family Ghosts

Pat Angello had a cool post about meeting a girl who saw spirits and it reminded me of what my Mom told me the other day: my Grandma believes there's a ghost in her house.

Now this is not news to anyone in our family. Her house has been haunted since I can remember and I know Derek, Mom & I have all posted about it before. I've seen the ghost, Derek's friend Ryan saw the ghost, my cousin Shelly saw the ghost...but all this time, Grandma staunchly denied it. She thought we all suffered from overactive imaginations. She would admit that she heard the kitchen table and chairs moving around in the middle of the night but it couldn't be a ghost - there was a perfectly logical explanation for it.

Yeah! A ghost!!!

Well now she thinks there is a ghost. And I think I know who it is. Grandpa.

When Grandpa passed away in March, I began having dreams about him alot right after the funeral. In every dream he was always right by Grandma. At a restaurant or at their kitchen table, he was always sitting by her closely. I took this to mean that he wanted me to tell her that he was looking out for her, that he was with her still. Since she didn't believe in ghosts, I don't think she took my telling her that as more than just me trying to make her feel better.

Well now she says things are starting to go missing in her house, things that have been in a certain place for years are disappearing. Things from her purse, things out of cupboards, Grandpa's death certificate...it's finally made her think there's a ghost.

Now the old ghost never did anything like that. He just hung around. I think Grandpa is finally starting to get frustrated and he wants her to see that he's there so he's doing things that she has no option but to notice. Or maybe he doesn't realize he's gone...hence the stealing of the death certificate. Hmmm....

He always did have a great sense of humor, though, and what better way to show his presence than acting like a bonafide ghost!! I can't wait to go back to Grandma's house!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?