Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Last weekend, we were all busy moving and didn't stop for dinner until almost 9pm. We decided we would just hit Wendy's on the way back to the house. Being that the hour was late, there was only one other person in the place and she was reading while she ate.

As we sat down, a group of 2 couples came in and one in particular was very loud. You know the type: short, crew-cut, big mouth and an attitude that screams "I THINK I'M FUNNY" but he's really not. Those types bug the hell outta me. Anyway...they ordered at sat down across the dining area from us. Mr. Crew Cut kept talking to the lone girl, making smart remarks that his group found hilarious. She just smiled politely and kept reading.

At one point, Mr. Crew Cut decided he needed something from the front counter. But he doesn't simply walk up and get it. No, he goes into stealth mode, crouching while he walked, trying not to be seen. His buddies thought this was great fun. After he grabbed whatever he needed, he went into a dive & roll across the floor. Everyone at his table lost their heads laughing at him.

Jordyn & I were the only ones at our table to see this feat. In my head, I'm thinking, "What an ultramaroon. What a nincowpoop" but Jordyn...Loudly, she says, "That was stupid!!" Collin & Justin asked "What was?" And she points and says, even louder, "That guy over there...." I sshed her and quietly told the guys what Mr. Crew Cut had done.

I loved that these 4 adults who were in their late 20's/early 30's were cracking up over his antics and a 6 year old is the one who calls a spade a spade. It WAS stupid. I know they all heard her and I hope they realized that it's pretty sad when a 1st grader has more class than they do.

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?