Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bronco Season

Bronco Season never really truly begins for me until I've been to a game. And since I went to the Monday Night game last night against the Ravens, BRONCO SEASON IS HERE!!!

The game itself was pretty boring until the final 5 minutes when we started actually moving the ball down the field. And since it was so stinking cold out there, we needed a reason to get up and cheer! It rained the whole time and both Mom & I found out that the coats we wore that said they were waterproof...well, they weren't waterproof! We were both soaked to the bone by the time we got back on the bus.

ESPN covered the game last night and they had their little broadcast booth set up in the South Stands right in our normal walkway. Because of that, our Thunderdog stand was moved to the other side. Mom & I, desperate for our Thunderdogs, walked all the way across the South Stands to get them. The guy running the stand said to Mom, "You usually visit me over on the other side." We couldn't believe he recognized her after all the people he usually deals with. I told her he thought she was cute and she laughed at me. Later when we got to our seats, I realized he had left the caps on our bottled water and Coke. They're supposed to take those off as a security precaution. "See? He DID think you were cute!!"


Anyway, back to the ESPN thing - - we were about 20 feet away from the booth in our seats and had perfect views of Stuart Scott, Chris Berman, Steve Young, Michael Irvin & Tom "TJ" Jackson. It was so cool to see these guys up close! Especially TJ! I loved him when he played for the Broncos. I would have taken a picture of them but I didn't bring my camera because of the rain.


Jake Plummer did pretty well, despite the interception, although sometimes I question his decision making skills. Like the 3rd & 3 play where he could have run for the first down AND had the option of flipping it to a semi-open player and he just threw it away. Javon Walker is my new favorite player on offense - the man has got some hands!! Al Wilson (my favorite all around player since Trevor Pryce was let go) was all over the field with 12 tackles & 4 assists and did you see Darrent Williams' hair??? So funky!! I tried to find a pic online of it, this was as good as I could find. The picture of him is the last one if you click on the game pics link.

It was so wrong seeing Trevor Pryce wearing a Ravens uniform, playing for the Ravens, wearing #90, lining up against George Foster...all of it...so wrong. I miss Trevor!!

So - to end my football post, here's a conversation between Mom & I on the way up to the game:

Mom: Your Dad & I were watching the news about this protest of the Columbus Day Parade. The Native Americans were protesting that the Italians didn't discover America, they were here first and so on...and I relaized they were right so I told your dad, 'Yeah! It wasn't the Italians discovering America, it was my peeps!!"

Me: (laughing so hard I can't stand it. She said "PEEPS!")

Mom: Oh, that's not the funny part! Your Dad said , 'The Swedes?' and I said, 'No! My other Peeps!'

Have a great week, everyone!!!

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?